SolidSurface.com

Sponsors
Moraware - Sorftware for Fabricators
Gemstone Premier Sink Manufacturer
Karran - Seamless Integration
Wesley Tools - Router Bits, Blades and Tools

The FabNet® Forum
Rugby Faucets
Last Post 02 Nov 2010 01:01 AM by Andy Graves. 13 Replies.
AddThis - Bookmarking and Sharing Button Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Andy Graves

Andy Graves

Private Messenger: Send Private Message

--
07 Oct 2010 04:47 AM
    Our Rugby distributor just dropped off some faucets to showcase in our showroom.  We thought they may be some cheap imatations of your typical faucets you see at the home centers.

I must say they are extremely nice.  Solid stainless steel bodies along with a stainless sprayer heads.  Nothing has a fake finish or sprayed on coating, it's just stainless.

Don't know much about the inner working of a faucet, but they say they come with ceramic pieces and parts.

We hope to combine these sinks with our countertop sales. I'll try to post some pictures.
    FabNet Administrator
    andy@thefabricatornetwork.com
    Countertop Company - www.OliveMill.com
    Norm Walters
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Norm Walters

--
    07 Oct 2010 09:36 AM
    Andy, I find it easier to sell name brand faucets and fixtures. Almost 100% of what I sell is Kohler, may be pricey but it gives people a level of comfort.
    www.normwaltersconstruction.com
    Lenny E
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Lenny E

--
    07 Oct 2010 12:12 PM
    Norm, I’m so glad you’ve come to respect Chinese made products, …………………………………………….. like Kohler!
    Curt Herrmann
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

Curt Herrmann

--
    07 Oct 2010 12:40 PM

Andy,    I have found the quality and reliability of the Rugby Faucets to
                     be very high.  I have a Kohler Faucet in my kitchen and I would
                     prefer to have the Rugby RS-F3.  (Purchased prior to availability
                     of the RS-F3)  The quality is at least as good if not better and
                     the price is two for one.

Curt
    It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.

Abraham Lincoln
    Andy Graves

Andy Graves

--
    07 Oct 2010 05:12 PM
    Norm,

You may be correct, but when packaging these faucets and sinks with a countertop purchase, we can make it extremely affordable. The faucets are built very well compared to the Kohler we used to display.
    FabNet Administrator
    Norm Walters
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Norm Walters

--
    07 Oct 2010 10:48 PM
    Check out  www.faucet.com I have used them several times in the past. My plumbing supply house told me it would 3-4 weeks to get a Kohler D-shaped undermount sink, this place had it to me in three days and $100 less.
    KCWOOD
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

KCWOOD

--
    08 Oct 2010 12:03 AM
    I have sold faucets 2 times in 8 years.  One sale was about 4 yrs ago, I sold the faucet, about 3 months later, the faucet had a drip... who did they call... oh yeah.. ME...  so here I was responsible for the thing, they wanted ME to pay the plumber to install a new one.

Second time... I ordered a name brand from one of the suppliers I buy sinks, sandpaper ect from.. a Delta.  It did not come with all the pieces... a call to the supply place got... we don't have spare parts, sorry. A call to Delta got it fixed.

Andy... if that thing drips in 2 yrs,, guess who they are going to call...  and my Rugby does not have access to replacement parts... FYI
    Andy Graves

Andy Graves

--
    08 Oct 2010 05:00 AM
    I think there are risks associated with all products we sell. Educating the customer is the best solution and giving them a phone number to have any problems resolved.

We'll see how it goes in the months to come.
    FabNet Administrator
    Lenny E
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Lenny E

--
    08 Oct 2010 09:44 AM
    Where is the Rugby faucet made if I may ask? At that pricing, I suspect its made offshore! Not that it makes any difference, lots of good quality products are made offshore, Im involved in many! Inquiring minds just want to know!
    Norm Walters
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

Norm Walters

--
    08 Oct 2010 10:17 AM
    Posted By Kelsey Crisp on 07 Oct 2010 07:03 PM
    I have sold faucets 2 times in 8 years.  One sale was about 4 yrs ago, I sold the faucet, about 3 months later, the faucet had a drip... who did they call... oh yeah.. ME...  so here I was responsible for the thing, they wanted ME to pay the plumber to install a new one.

Second time... I ordered a name brand from one of the suppliers I buy sinks, sandpaper ect from.. a Delta.  It did not come with all the pieces... a call to the supply place got... we don't have spare parts, sorry. A call to Delta got it fixed.

Andy... if that thing drips in 2 yrs,, guess who they are going to call...  and my Rugby does not have access to replacement parts... FYI

Kelsey, so true about who is responsible. If the plumber supplies the faucet they are responsible if any parts are missing, broken, or damaged, or if it leaks within a year they have to deal with it. If the homeowner supplies the faucet and it is missing parts or is damaged or leaks and you tell them the plumber needs to be paid to come back they are not going to be happy, had that happen recently. If you supply the faucet and something goes wrong, you will be paying the plumber to come back, interesting set of choices.

One more comment to this topic, my plumber and his supply house tell me that the Kohler products the big box stores stock are not the same as what is sold at the supply houses, that the model numbers are one number off and the big box stores faucets contain alot of plastic parts.  I talked to a Kohler rep and they could neither confirm or deny this, WTF?
    Bill Wolle
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

Bill Wolle

--
    08 Oct 2010 12:38 PM
    Norm,

Many major brands do that with the big boxes. They will also change the part number by 1 from orange to blue so the 10% price guaranty can't work. I have had it happen to me several times.
    Just because you "can" or it is legal to do something does not mean you should.

bwolle@msn.com
    Andy Graves

Andy Graves

--
    08 Oct 2010 04:22 PM
    I think if we had an issue with the faucets, we would not sell them. Keep in mind we would not be responsible for the plumber because we would just be selling the faucet. If it breaks we would have to get them the parts or new faucet.
    FabNet Administrator
    Ron Enlow

Ron Enlow

--
    01 Nov 2010 11:23 AM
    Got the Rugby faucet in my house. Works great at a fraction of the price of a name brand. Go to www.eclipsestainless.com and look at their faucets. Same thing as the rugby faucet just doesn't have the eclipse logo. The faucets have a limited lifetime warranty and parts are available.....but from what I see in the faucet, there is nothing that would ever fail!
    Rugby buys the faucets from the sister company of Ano Inc. that is who sells the Eclipse line. PM me if you would like more info.
    Andy Graves

Andy Graves

--
    02 Nov 2010 01:01 AM
    We have some in our showroom and the quality is outstanding so far. I like the look and feel of the stainless rather than stainless steel finish over plastic.

I think they are worth a look.
    FabNet Administrator
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

FabNet Forum Rules (Click Plus Sign to Read) Maximize

Copyright 2004-2014 by Karben Copy LLC. All rights reserved.